Parent Organization: Student Activities
Flash Films is tailored for students’ areas of interest within the filmmaking process, whether it be pre-production, production, or post-production. Within all of this, there are numerous opportunities for students to advance their skills not only in writing, directing, and editing, but also costume design, makeup, acting and much more.
Invaluable to producing films, is promotion and marketing. Flash Films provides ample opportunities for graphic designers, web designers, as well as, business minded people to promote and distribute new films.
In essence, the goals of Flash Films are:
- To produce quality, original works of creative expression
- To promote teamwork in a business-like environment
- To advance individual skills within the art of filmmaking
Membership to Flash Films is open to all students interested in the subject of film and cinema. A variety of membership types are offered to suite the interest levels of prospective members:
- Associative Membership - for students who might not have the time to devout to the filmmaking process but are interested in the subject of film and cinema. As an associate member students can enjoy being part of the test screening audience for new releases.
- Regular Membership - for students who are looking to get involved in the filmmaking process. Regular members have voting privilages and the opportunity of becoming a part of ongoing projects or even lead new ones.
- Honorary Membeship - for students who are not only interested in the filmmaking process but also in the growth and success of Flash Films as a student organization. Honorary members have the privilage of running for administrative positions.
Regular meetings take place every Sunday at 1:30pm in the Walker building, at the HDMZ, room 120C.